Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our Laborious Labor Day

This is Avery and the little girl who hit her every time she stepped on the Hexagon thing.


Just so you know, Avery is now a self professed "Pop Star", so she handled it with dignity. As all Pop Stars do.

Madeline displays her mean rock climbing abilities. They really are quite impressive.

Her hanging abilities are unsurpassed as well.


Daddy and Hayden pre-poopy diaper explosion

Those darn paparazzi and their flashing lights are always getting in the way of her fun ;)

Hayden is still happy! Diaper still clean.

If you could pan to the right you would have seen our 500 friends in orange.


Hayden did such a great job following his shadow...it was pretty cute.
Ahh, Labor Day....a holiday that celebrates hard work, and gives us a day where we can rest, and relax, and be with family. Then, why did I spend half of it doing laundry?

I have to admit, we may have done something more if we had actually planned anything, but I think we just thought a last minute idea would miraculously pop in to our heads. No popping miracles.


At the last minute, we decided we better get out and do something, just so we could say we did some something. We took the kids to a nearby park. If you looked past the family reunion of 500 who flooded the playground in their bright orange t-shirts, and the poopy diaper explosion of Hayden's, the kicking and screaming that ensued as I took Hayden back to the van to change him, and that the playground was entirely littered with bottles, cans and wrappers of every sort (thanks to the army of orange people), we had a FANTASTIC time!


In all honesty, I am a little grouchy from this sugar detox, and so was the case yesterday, and today as I write this. Forgive my sarcasm. Tom did grill steak for dinner, but there was no dessert to be had, which only adds to my grouchiness. The moral of my story is... next year we will plan our Labor Day, and I won't be deprived of sugar - so I may even actually enjoy it!

1 comment:

mandy said...

I'm with you on the sugar addiction. It is amazing what a difference it can have with my mood--eating it vs. not eating it. Hang in there! You are doing great.

Memories