Saturday, September 27, 2008

This and That...

This weekend, we did THIS...
Madeline had a belated birthday with a dozen of her closest friends...



and THAT...
we took a day trip to Garden of the Gods



The girls had a great time swimming...

and eating cake and pizza.

Garden of the Gods was beautiful, as always...

It was a perfect day to go on a family hike

The kids had a great time, and so did we!

I still have to pinch myself that we live in such a beautiful place. This land was donated to the City of Colorado Springs by the children of Charles Elliot Perkins, who was the head of the Burlington Railroad. Their one requirement was that it be a free, public park. I am grateful to this family for their generosity in sharing one of God's great creations with this city.


4 comments:

Didi said...

I absolutely love to see the views from Colorado. It really is a beautiful state. I have always wanted to live there. Maybe someday. Glad you had such a good day together!

Emily said...

May those girls always be so confident in their swimsuits!

Christen Noelle said...

Hi Callie-Looks like she had a great party! Remember her little princess one that she invited Brooklyn to...I still agree with others that you should be an event coordinator...it was fabulous!

MJ said...

Looks like she had such a fun party! I love all the pics from G of the Gods.

Memories