Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Detox update

I am on Day 11 of my sugar detox, and thought I better give everyone an update so you all know I am still doing it! I haven't cheated once, and I am so proud of myself, because if you know my family that's no easy task!!

Yesterday I asked Madeline "where's Daddy?" She told me he was in the basement, I said "he sure likes it down there, doesn't he?" (his flat screen TV is down there) "Yeah" she said. "Especially since he hides the food down there". Immediately she covers her mouth, as if to quickly hide the secret she had just divulged! I laughed. Apparantly, Tom has his own secret stash of chips and oatmeal cookies in our basement food storage. He came clean about it eventually, and said he was really just "protecting" me...

Madeline broke down last night crying because she was "sick and tired of eating healthy dinners EVERY night!" I had to laugh at that one too, because they still get their snacks and daily dose of sugar through out the day...they are far from being deprived. I have been accused of "being obsessed with eating healthy" by my 9 year old. She sat down anyway and ate her whole wheat quesadilla... Eating healthy is better then not eating at all around here! So, despite all the family drama this way of eating has caused (who would have known!)...
I feel great! I have lost almost 5 pounds since I have started, and I have to admit I haven't been great at exercising...so the loss is mainly from dietary changes. As I get my energy back (which I slowly am) I will begin a regular exercise routine once again. My cravings are literally gone. We were rushing around doing some errands yesterday, and Avery was dying of thirst, so I stopped at Wendy's quick to get her a drink, I got an order of fries for Hayden to munch on as well. Normally, I would have given him 5 and ate the rest myself. I didn't have one! That is huge. The best part, I didn't even want one! Yay for sugar detox!

5 comments:

mandy said...

Way to go! I am amazed at your willpower. Your kids crack me up.

MJ said...

Callie! Wow! You are doing AWESOME! and you are making me feel re-motivated! Thanks! I would love to go jogging with you....I just wish there were a couple more hours in the day (with the kids being supervised by their D.A.D!!! :-) Maybe we could try to find a way to figure something out. I love reading your about your husband hiding food downstairs and his comments! So funny... mine is very similar to yours!

Your family is so cute too! Hayden is such a big boy! I love blogs and being able to get to know people better so I'm glad you stumbled on mine so I could stumble on yours! :-)

Keep up the great willpower...it's amazing how much better you feel and the good it does for your body...I need to get better again b/c it's so easy get the cravings back.

MJ said...

Your blog is SO cute by the way!

Tom Helm said...

In my defense, I do work out 3 times a week. I also clasify oatmeal cream pies as a type of health food.

Kimberly said...

I remember that funny scary video. Wasn't there a collapsible sword. I probably would've forgot about it but it was a Sunday and Bobbie made me feel real guilty later that it was breaking the sabbath. I remember having a blast goofing off but then I felt like a big dork later. Those were good times we had.

Memories