I'm a little bit in denial that Hayden turned four today. He is just about the sweetest thing in my life (besides cakes), and it makes me sad that the years are passing so quickly. When we found out we were having a boy when I was pregnant with him, we were a little scared. After two girls, and not so good experiences with little boys we had been around, we didn't know what to expect. Boy, (pardon the pun) did he prove us wrong! Hayden is a gentleman in every sense of the word. A natural gentleman. He says please and thank you without prompting. He takes care of his sisters when they are sick by rubbing their backs, and bringing them blankets. He tucks his stuffed animals in at night. He hugs my leg and tells me I am the best mom ever. He is witty, clever, and charming, and so handsome. I guess I have a little bit of a crush on him, but so do most of my friends ;) I have to say his dad has probably rubbed off on him, because Tom is quite the catch himself, but I am so proud to be Hayden's momma. I can't wait to see the kind of man he turns out to be. Happy Birthday Hayden, and thank you for coming to our family! We are SO BLESSED!
Monday, February 7, 2011
1o reasons why I am now the owner of Sweet Pea Cake Co.
1. My mom always said I was stubburn. She is right.
2. It's a good time to move forward. I am getting older, my kids are getting older.
3. It kind of just fell in my lap, and who am I to pass up such an awesome opportunity?!
4. I really kind of love decorating cakes, and I may even kind of be good at it.
5. It beats paying a $5000 fine for selling cakes out of my home.
6. I thought the logo was really cute. I am happy it is mine now :)
7. My hours are way flexible. It is not a full service bakery despite what some think. I am only down there for a few days a week. I still have plenty of time for my family - which is and always will be my first priority.
8. Tom thinks it's pretty hot to have a wife who owns a business.
9. My kids think it's really "cool".
10. Why NOT?! :)
I have to admit, it has been crazy busy. Orders are piling in, my phone rings all day long, and when I am not baking or decorating I am returning messages. Somewhere in there I am able to fit in laundry, dishes, dinner, and family time, oh - and facebook. I don't sleep much anymore, but sleep is over rated anyway, right? I am happy. I feel really really grateful and humbled for this opportunity. I want to put my all in to it. I meet amazing people in the community that I wouldn't otherwise. I get to do Bridal shows, and cake testings, Prom Fairs and consultations. It is SO much fun. Check out my new website if you haven't already, www.sweetpeacakeco.com
I have felt overwhelming support and love from my family and friends. Thank you!