Saturday, August 30, 2008

Veggies good, Sugar bad

Okay, so I need to get my butt in gear. Ever since Hayden was born I have slowly been letting my cravings get the best of me, and this stubborn baby weight is not budging because of it. A friend from church did a 21 day sugar detox a couple months ago, and says she feels great, has so much more energy, and she looks great too. She just had a baby in March and you would never know it! She has motivated me. So, I am publicly announcing that today is day 1 of my detox. I did great today, despite going grocery shopping while I was hungry. I didn't cheat once. Here are the rules:

*NO refined carbs (sugar of any kind and white flour are no-no's)
*Only complex carbs (whole grains...%100, make sure to check labels.
*Strive to eat 10 servings of fruit and veggies daily. This may seem like alot, but you would be surprised how quickly it adds up, especially with salads, smoothies, etc.
*only lean meats (chicken, turkey, fish)
*drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Keep a water bottle handy at all times.
*low fat dairy products
*Get enough sleep! Go to bed early and get up early!
*Get daily exercise

I have done a similar program a few years back, and I felt so much better within just a few days. If anyone wants to join me we can motivate and support one another! I will try my best to update my blog on my progress, and I am still thinking of a reward incentive! This detox helps rid us of those naughty cravings...and they are naughty! Let me know if you want to hop on the bandwagon! Also, I would love to hear what has worked for others as they strive to be healthy and fit. Share your stories!

2 comments:

Tom Helm said...

This is very painful for the husband.

Didi said...

Something I just started that is really good - the book is awesome- it's all about lifestyle and is very similar to your diet that you described the real age diet or lifestyle. The link is: http://www.realage.com/ct/the-you-docs/you-on-a-diet/
You can find buddies online to support you as well. If you want to post in with me on how you are doing to keep on track and such then please do and I will with you! I have to do 30 min. of walking everyday and am supposed to account for it with someone.

Memories