Thursday, August 21, 2008

Peer Pressure


Ok, so I am back to the world of blogging...I can't escape it. Thank you to all the friends who silently pushed me back (you know who you are!) I welcome the opportunity to rant about my daily life... it really is a great catharsis, and keeps me sane. I will try to be more diligent in my ranting(s).

Another thing that keeps me sane is having two of my children back in school full time. I love my children, but boy, in all honesty, it was a long summer. Above, is a picture of their first day of school. Madeline started third grade, and it must be a requirement to start talking on the phone with your friends every evening at this age, because she surely is. She is also much more aware of her sneakers matching her outfit, and her lunch bag matching her back pack...She is wonderful though, today she told me I don't look a day over 21. She can now talk on the phone as long as she wants...

Avery started first grade this year, and coincidentally has the same first grade teacher that Madeline had. We'll see how this goes. Miss L. tends to be a strict teacher, but seems to have taken a liking to Avery (well, she is a cutie, I can't blame her really). Avery is very tender hearted. She has cried a river every morning this week. It only lasts about 5 minutes, but sounds much longer. She is still adjusting to being a first grader...after all, it is a whole new world compared to Kindergarten!

Hayden is loving life with more Mommy time. We went to our first "My Gym" class today. It was fun. He wouldn't sit in the "warm up" circle for anything. I don't know how they expect any child that age to, really. All the balls, swings, mats, slides and tunnels in every color of the rainbow are a little distracting. We made it through warm up, only after running after him about 7 times. Boys are sooo different then girls. I am quickly learning. Let's just say I was sweating much more then Hayden was by the end of the hour. I think it is good for him though, it seemed to help him get out all his boy wiggles, and he took a decent nap at least. We will try it again, 3 days a week...because I am paying for it.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Talking on the phone is a requirement for 3rd graders. I found that out with Sierra. You will also hear a lot of "no way" and "really" Does she hide yet? Sierra always finds a spot away from us to talk. Good thing I don't have to worry about that yet!

mandy said...

I am so excited to find out that you have a blog! I have been embarrasingly obsessed with blogs--it is definately my favorite new thing and pretty much the only family record my kids are going to have. I'm glad that we will be able to keep in touch much easier now. Did you know that Kim F. (now W.) has a blog?

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogging world. It is addicting! Glad you visited my site!

Callie said...

Yes...Madeline does "hide", or she conveniently moves around the house so we can't quite follow any given conversation. I don't remember acting like I was 13 when I was 9, but I guess it's not highly unlikely :)

Memories