Tuesday, December 2, 2008

In review

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Tom's parents came for the week. We love having them here, and it's always sad to say goodbye! Some of my Thanksgiving activities included: catching a cold (I am thankful for hot chocolate), playing a mean game of Totally 80's Trivial Pursuit (I am thankful for Care Bears), getting up at 4:30 am to go shopping (I am thankful for sales), learning how to brine a turkey (I am thankful it turned out, and was scrumptious to boot...2 necks and all), eating a chocolate dipped jalapeno (I am thankful for the chocolate part), trying to salvage our poor broken digital camera, but to no avail (I am thankful for a new digital camera, that we don't have yet, but hope to soon??!) and of coarse, spending time with my wonderful family, counting my blessings, and eating great food.
I also.... Hugged my kids

watched Kermit the Frog float by Macy's

loved on my husband in his Hawaiian shirt (apparantly it's his new tradition)

Saved babies from laundry baskets
played some mean games of Jenga


watched Hayden play with the TWO HUGE Tupperware boxes that Grandma brought, full of trains, lego's and cars. He was in little boy heaven.

acted silly
and...took some well needed naps
I am thankful.


1 comment:

Didi said...

Awesome post as usual Callie. You have such a talent for words and are so very creative. Someday I just know you will have some extremely popular business with your talents or you will continue to spread your love and kindness with your creative expression wherever you go. I'm thankful to have you as a friend! :)

Memories