Saturday, December 13, 2008

Safety Saturday

Today I took the girls to SuperWalmart. It was pre-holiday madness. I quickly gave the girls the rundown on "stranger danger" (for the 50th time) as I eyed the "variety" of people shopping there today. Not to be judgemental, but you know what I'm talking about...
So, my rundown included staying very close to mom, not wandering to look at anything, because it's easy to get lost and distracted with so many people around...
Leave it to Madeline to take this business very seriously. They followed me around the store like little chicks. Poor Avery wouldn't be more then 3 steps behind me, when Madeline would loudly exclaim "Avery! You are not close enough to mom!!" This happened about 3 or 4 times. Finally, Madeline was clearly getting frustrated with Avery's dangerous ways, when, in the toy aisle, and the top of her lungs (with many ears available to hear) she belted out "Avery! Being kidnapped by these people is NOT on our list of things to do today!!" Thank you Madeline.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I think I just laughed for the first time today. Thank you!

mandy said...

That cracks me up! I wish I had at least one who took me seriously. What a good helper!

AudyCamp said...

Ok now that girl is funny! (seriously is it me or do all the weirdies come out at Christmas.)

me said...

ROTFLOL!!!

Memories