Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday

My name is Callie and I have an addiction to the scale.  It's awful, I need help. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I weigh myself daily when I am dieting and I shouldn't.  We can't always measure our progress by the numbers on a scale, sometimes we are gaining muscle (which can mean weight gain for a while).  This was me for almost the first 2 weeks of my diet. Sometimes the scale stays the same for weeks despite our best efforts (which can be water retention, gaining muscle, that time of the month, etc).  It's just not fair to solely rely on the scale as a measure of your progress!  We also need to pay attention to how we feel and how our clothes are fitting.

  I resolve to only weigh in on Wednesdays and share my progress with you along the way.  

My first blog post about this journey was last Wednesday, so it has been a full week.  I have been super good.  Still working out 5 days a week, still eating whole and healthy food in smaller portions, and honestly I haven't felt this good in years.  I feel alive.  I feel sore, but alive ;)

When I stepped on the scale this morning, it read 190.  That means I have shed 5 pounds in one week!  I am kind of ecstatic.  Since starting this new lifestyle change 3 1/2 weeks ago, I have lost 12 pounds!  I haven't weighed 190 in over 4 years. Woohoo, happy dance!!

Suddenly last Sunday, when I was choosing what to wear to church I had many more options!  Dresses that I haven't been able to wear for years slid on my body with ease.  I can't tell you how GOOD that feels.

Bring on the next week!!!

No comments:

Memories