Friday, September 27, 2013

Progress

I've been at this for 7 weeks now.  I realized today I no longer call it a "diet", it has become a way of life for me now.  It's just what I do every day, and I really hope it stays that way.

I have noticed pleasant changes the past week or so.  Mostly, that almost all my pants are falling off me.  (ok, not quite)  but they are so much more loose.  Give me a few weeks, and I think I will have to go shopping for new jeans! The funny thing is, the numbers on the scale haven't gone down that much in the last couple weeks (I am at 188 now, so down 2 more pounds), but I can tell my body is changing in other ways.  I am starting to see definition, I feel stronger, I have more energy. I am definitely gaining muscle. So, I have lost 14 pounds since I got serious 7 weeks ago, but overall I have lost 25 pounds since I was at my heaviest a couple years ago.  That is MAJOR.

A couple people at church who don't know what I have been doing asked me on Sunday if I had lost weight.  It's a good feeling when people start to notice your hard work!





My friend Niki and I work out with the big boys now, and I think we annoy some of the personal trainers.  Their clients actually give US praise, haha!!  And we are doing it by ourselves!  We pretty much ROCK.  I am grateful to have a friend to work out with.  We are a couple of sarcastic and whiney gals sometimes, but I think we are kicking butt, and I am proud of us ;)  Speaking of butts, this picture was actually taken to ask if I should cut my hair or not, but I got lots of compliments saying I was looking skinny, and I thought - maybe those squats are working afterall.



I graduated to weight gloves.  I messed up my hands pretty bad after one session - see image below.  That's the mark of a good workout right there!!


Today one of the "big boys" saw us walk over to the barbell laying on the floor and asked us if we needed him to move it for us.  HA!  Niki, said no thanks, we are actually using it.  We rocked that barbell!!  Those are the moments that make me feel good.  When guys in the gym think we can't do what they do, and then we DO IT.

Next week Tom and I are doing the incline.  I am scared.  Not a fan of heights, or climbing 2000 steps (which aren't normal steps by the way).  They are railroad ties strewn about along a mountainside.  I am determined to reach the top, so it was nice knowing you.

And I am throwing in this pic of a Greek Salad I had the other day, because it was freakin' amazing, and because I can.  If you are local, go to that Gyro's place in the food court at Chapel Hills mall and ask for the Greek Salad with Souvlaki.  They will hook you up!!


No comments:

Memories