Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's great to live in #308!!!


Let me take you back to the "good ol' days"... back to Ricks College '95-'96. It didn't get much better then this! I have to say I had the BEST roommates ever. We had so much fun that year, and we learned so much from one another. Mandy and Kim, this post is dedicated to you...since you are the only ones from #308 that read this blog! Hope you enjoy it! :)



The ladies of Heritage Manor #308: Top (left to right) Kim Farnsworth, Kym Mann, Mandy Wade (Bottom) Bobbie Chaney, Callie Smith, Amy Billings. Some of us served missions, and all of us got married and had children of our own.

Why am I the only one NOT sporting perfectly hairsprayed "claw" bangs here?? It must have been the stubborn Canadian in me. I am sure I gave in eventually...All I know was we were stylin' with our vests and button down shirts!


This was the day we went to the Sand Dunes, although they were "snow dunes" since it was the middle of winter. We had great fun that day!!



Mandy and me at Jackson Hole. It was a random trip we took at the end of the school year. Very fun and cold!
Mandy with Ben Skinner. Mandy had lots of "boyfriends"....:)
We all drove to Provo when I reported to the MTC. I can't say enough what it meant to have you all there supporting me. You truly became my family, and it was hard to say goodbye! Life changed so much for all of us after that! Mandy...what is up with that mini-dress? Scandalous!!
Actually, this was more scandalous! I think we dragged out our mattresses, and had a sleepover in the livingroom. Kym Mann obviously thought she was a Victoria's Secret model...
Christmas '95. Notice our homemade fireplace and Christmas tree made from paper. We were so crafty like that! I had serious eyebrow problems back then didn't I?...


Yes, I have many more pictures, and if I have enough requests I may post some more. You can only handle so much of 1995 in one post...

Love you guys!!




10 comments:

mandy said...

I have so many, many things I must say about this post. First of all, hilarious. I was cracking up. Second of all, I do believe that you did succumb to the bang craze (see 1st picture as proof). Come to the dark side... Third, I believe Ben (who, by the way, I can't believe you remembered his name AND he was not my boyfriend) was the one who came with us to the sand dunes and who I convinced to ride down a huge hill on a tiny, tiny tube resulting in an injury.

I am going to email this link to Amy and Kym. This is too good not to share. Thanks so much for bringing back such great memories. I want MORE! Specifically, do you remember the poem we wrote on the backs of those gigantic underwear that we then gave to the Homer boys? I was trying to tell my sister and I couldn't remember it all--only that it was hilarious.

mandy said...

One more thing, that dress IS scandalous and I can't believe I was allowed into the MTC wearing that. What a dork.

Didi said...

Callie, how awesome is it to remember those single college days! Made me want to pull out all my old pictures! Maybe I will for my old highschool and college friends that still are in touch. What fun! You don't look like you aged all the much either. Stinker. :) Hugs.

Callie said...

Mandy- I have pictures of Homer House boys wearing those underwear, I will soon post them, and maybe together we can decipher our long lost poem...

angryyoungwoman said...

So, I want to see some scandalous pictures of my sis. I know she rocked the big hair and the bangs once upon a time.

Those are some wild mormon dresses outside the mtc. Girl in minidress must repent!

Kimberly said...

I have the pictures of Mandy and Me wearing those underpants. I'll post them this weekend. AAAAAAHHHHHH! I wanted to get ride of those pictures but then my husband said no way that will be great for our kids some day. He's going to use them to remind me of how goofy I was(or still am) when they do something dumb. I always wish I had taken better or more pictures. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of some fun memories. Mandy I'm suprised Bobbie didn't tell you your dress was short. Dresses are always shorter when you put your arms around someone. Like you are doing. I called Bobbie and told her to check out the blog. She just stopped working so she had to get a new email address. She hasn't got it yet. I have to say my memory was that Ben was not Mandy's boyfriend BUT he and every boy that knew her wished they were. Adam is a lucky man. THANKS for the laugh.

Kimberly said...

I just got out my photo album. I'm not going to post any of those UP pictures. I don't want public eyes to see those.

Callie said...

Just for the record...Mandy didn't have a "boyfriend" that year...just many "boy friends", and Kim is right, they all wished they were though! She was holding out for the next year when she would meet Adam!! :) (kissy kissy sound)

mandy said...

It is hilarious to have my freshman love life examined so thoroughly! You girls are remembering it in a more flattering light than I do. It is all a blur to me now...we should get together and swap notes.

Look at all the fun you started, Callie! I'm going to have to do some digging and see what I can find. I know my pictures are around here somewhere.

Coco said...

so so funny! good ol heritage manor huh? so fun to se what's going on with you after all these years! love the flashback to the past--let's see some more!!!!!

coco

Memories