Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Have You Seen My Friend??


Hayden lost his very last sookie. It was a bitter-sweet farewell...we knew the day had to come, we just didn't think it would be cold turkey, and the day before he had THREE shots. We have been wanting to wean Hayden from his "sookie" for a while now, but it really has been such a good, GOOD, friend (to me). I knew it would be hard to say goodbye, I didn't know it would be miserable.
The good thing? It's gone. No more bribing the girls with money to go find it during his grouchy moods - because we are not buying another one. We will get to see his cute face in all of our pictures now. No more panic at the grocery store when he drops it on the floor.
The bad thing? Hayden is so, so sad. He is sleep deprived. He is grouchy. I am grouchy. He has had a very hard time falling asleep on his own. He stayed up until midnight the other night, and woke up looking for it in his blanket. .
I want to buy another one. Does the image of a Kindergartener sucking on a pacifier disturb you? I am thinking it isn't so bad...

1 comment:

mandy said...

I tried to get rid of Mady's for about 10 minutes and then I caved. Good luck!

I loved the good friend (to me) line. That made me laugh.

Memories