Monday, October 14, 2013

10 Changes in 10 Weeks




1.  I lost half a shoe size 
     I was hoping to lose weight anywhere, but this was unexpected and not needed since I can't afford 50          new pairs of shoes.  Let's hope the trend stops (although a girl can always use an excuse for new shoes,        so forget that last part)

2.  I can now wear my daughter's shirts 
     It's true.  Much to my 14 year old's dismay she will catch me wearing her clothes more and more often          these days.  It's a good thing she has good taste.

3.  Hayden can reach his arms all around my waist now when he gives me a hug 
     This makes my heart happy.  I feel like he can love all of his mommy now, and not just the fat part in the        front, lol.

4.  I don't get out of breath when painting my toenails anymore
     Ladies, you know what I am talking about, especially if you've been pregnant!  Bellies get in the way,            pregnant or not. It is so nice to be able to BREATHE again.

5.  I no longer avoid mirrors
     Especially the dreaded bathroom mirror that add shadows in all the wrong places!  I am no Jillian                  Michaels.  I still have quite a way to go with my weight loss, but it is nice to look in the mirror and feel            proud of my progress these days instead of feeling ashamed of my lack of effort.

6.  I suddenly have many more clothes
     All those clothes I have been holding on to for years, you know the "one day I will fit in to this again" pile?      Today is that "one day", I am wearing dresses and jeans I haven't worn for years, and dare I say some          are even loose!

7.  I can watch TV or work late at night without snacking.
     Say what??  Yep, I just don't.  Cravings are pretty much gone, and in fact because I don't snack at night        anymore, I really don't watch much TV either.  Funny how they can go hand in hand.

8.  My girls are making better food choices
     My lifestyle change hasn't gone unnoticed by my 11 and 14 years old girls.  I don't push it on them, I              prefer to lead by example.  I notice them grabbing an apple or celery sticks for snacks much more now. I      feel at peace knowing Tom and I are being good examples to our kids and teaching them how to respect      and take care of their bodies.  Notice I didn't say anything about the boy?  Ya, that's probably not going        to change, unless they make vegetables with Mine Craft on them...

9.  I don't take naps anymore
     I use to nap in the afternoons, almost every day.  By 3 pm I was exhausted.  I think most moms are, so I      didn't think much of it until one of my friends recently mentioned napping, and then I realized I hadn't              taken one in weeks!  Bottom line is, I have more energy and stamina.  I feel better.  In fact, I was able to      climb 3/4 of the incline a week ago!  That thing isn't for sissys!

10.  My husband won't keep his hands off me.
       Oh wait, some things never change!

Before (about a year ago, 205 pounds)



During


Sometimes it takes pictures for me to realize, "wow, my body really is changing!"



For those that are following along, I am down to 184 now.  18 pounds gone since August 3rd, and 29 pounds gone from my highest weight. It still sounds like such a big number to me and I still have 44 pounds to lose to get to my goal, but I am proud of my progress and proud of the girl I see in the mirror!  I am grateful to feel better, and that is the ultimate goal!!

Memories