Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Take on Spring Break

We had big plans for Spring Break this year...all of which changed or were postponed for another time! Nevertheless, we had a great week - here are some of the highlights (or a lot of them, actually)....
The girls wanted to have a picnic at the park...but due to high winds we settled for one in the backyard. Hayden crashed the picnic and decided the "table cloth" was a blanket. Fun was still had by all!
We made lots of crafts....


Madeline's "collage"


We painted Madeline's room with lots of circles...



Tom's spring break craft project included finishing the rail...woohoo!
My favorite handy men! Hayden had lots of fun helping Tom out by handing him his tools (and trying some out himself).

We had a fun morning at "Pump-it-Up", all the kids got their wiggles out, which made for a wonderful afternoon for mom! :)

I think this is when Hayden was starting to "wind down"....



It was REALLY busy that day, but with the chilly weather that came our way, it was a great substitute for playing outside.

Meanwhile,

I started my over-ambitious project of sewing Easter dresses for the girls...whether or not they actually end up wearing them remains to be seen...



Madeline painted letters to hang on her wall.


But most of the time, we would find her in her room...reading the adventures of Edward and Bella. Yes, I'm afraid I have created another Twilight fan.
Madeline and Avery are participating in their school talent show next Friday. They will be performing a rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Madeline will be tickling the ivory's, while Avery belts out a tune! We painted these shirts for them to wear during their performance! (Stay tuned for that doozy!)

We had plans to go to the zoo, but we were hit with a blizzard on Thursday. It was time to send the kids outside to play in the white stuff! Hayden took the longest to get ready....



The girls had a blast building snowmen.


Hayden? Not so much.

It's a good thing he looked too cute for me to care.

Saturday was the biggest surprise of all! I took the girls on a mommy/daughter date to see Disney on Ice!


Avery gave it a thumbs up!

Madeline was so excited she was trembling!

The only picture I took before the camera went dead! Grrr! You will have to trust me, it was so fun!!
Our next adventurous post will probably involve kittens...so stay tuned!!

5 comments:

mandy said...

Man. You had a very productive Spring Break. I used ours as an excuse to be lazy. I really love the dots (did you freehand or stencil?) and I can't wait to see the dresses when you are done. I haven't sewed from a pattern is years. You've got me feeling inspired!

AudyCamp said...

Wowsers Yes I would say you were very productive...I didn't know you were so crafty! Looks like fun!

Sarah Rockwood said...

Sounds like fun. I can't wait until my girls are older.

Rachel said...

I remember Madeline always trembling when she would get excited. Thats too funny that she still does it. Sounds liek fun was had by all even though plans change. I just heard familes have more fun together when they are spontaneous. Awesome awesome awesome!

ablincoln said...

We were totally going to go to Disney on Ice, but it didn't work out. I'm gald you guys had so much fun. Maybe next year it will work out to go

Memories