Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Obama (First Grade style)

My girls were super excited about Barack Obama's inauguration yesterday, as was I. They watched it at school, and Madeline expressed how awesome she thought it was that she lives in this time, and that she was part of history. It IS awesome. We live in a scary time, but also in an amazing and wondrous time. I felt honored to witness Barack Obama become the 44th President of this great nation. Regardless of your political preference, President Obama has an arduous task ahead of him, and he needs our support and prayers. It is easy to become cynical when dealing with our political leaders, but I choose to keep it light and positive for my children. Avery brought home this booklet from school. It is chock full of extremely important information if I do say so myself....











I especially love some of the highlighted words...basketball, photos, piano, the beach...you know, the really important stuff. :)
*And just to add another very important note to Scholastic's... are the Obama's not the best looking family to ever live in the Whitehouse?! I think so. What a handsome family. I especially admire the evident love that is present between the President and First Lady. They are the sweetest couple.


2 comments:

mandy said...

I love how these books try to make the President seem more relatable to kids. Ethan brought home a book of random facts about the different presidents. The info on Bill Clinton? He can eat an entire apple in just a few bites and once ate a whole pie without a fork. See? They are just like us!

Mary said...

I learned more about Obama's life from this than I ever knew. Awesome.

Memories