Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Dreaded "Plateau"

So, I have been going at this weight loss thing for the past 3 months.  I have lost 23 pounds, and gained muscle in the process. I was really hoping it would be more by now, not gonna lie! (Especially when your husband loses 60 pounds in three months!!)  The hard part is that it has been PAINFULLY slow this last 6 weeks.  I think I only lost 5 or 6 pounds within that time.

Now, I am not going to say I have been perfect at my diet either.  The more I lose, the more I tend to justify a small cheat here, and another one there. And I do mean small.  Maybe some snack mix here, or a few Cheetos there.  I haven't been as strict as I was when I first started, but it is so darn hard during this time of year!  I still feel like I have a good hold on my calorie intake though, it's just the quality of food could improve a little.  My exercise routine hasn't changed. I am still busting butt at least 5 times a week with that!


202 before, 179 now.  I can see a big difference when I look at the above pic.


The above pic is Tom and I exactly one year ago.  I remember feeling so uncomfortable and bloated in these pics.  I was probably about 205 (or so)  I was sucking in, and I still look pregnant, lol!  My cheeks were so round you hardly see my eyes!  Below is Tom and I this year.  You can SO see a difference in Tom's face!  I am so proud of him!!  And you can see my eyes this year ;)



I am down to 179, I can't tell you the last time I was in the 170's!!  Probably seven years ago, maybe?  Honestly, my goal is to just get through the holidays without GAINING any weight.  That should be hard enough!  I try not to get too caught up with numbers on the scale.  There was an experiment I saw online (wish I could remember where)  where a gal posed in a bikini and people were asked how much they thought she weighed.  She was very toned, and you could tell she worked out and took good care of herself.  She was only my height of 5'3".  Answers ranged from 115 - 135.  She was actually 155.  Muscle weighs a lot!  The point is, you don't always have to be 120 pounds to be healthy.  Health comes in different shapes and sizes, and despite being 179 I feel like I am stronger and more fit than some of the 130 pounders I know ;)  I have a goal in mind though, so I will keep going until I reach it!!

Here are the most recent pics of my weight loss.




For those of you that have been following me on this journey, thank you.  It means so much to have cheerleaders.  The comments on Facebook REALLY push and motivate me.  Weight loss is HARD.  I need the support, and it does help!!  I hope I have been able to inspire some along the way as well.

So, how about you?  What do YOU do when you reach that dreaded plateau, and how do you push past it?

1 comment:

http://www.term-paper-research.com/ said...

I think you did a great job. You're looking much better and younger now) Do your best till your goal.

Memories