Saturday, May 30, 2009

Life's a beach

Have I mentioned how much I love Colorado? Who says you can't go to the beach when you live in the mountains?! I don't know why it took us so long to go, it's only an hour away! It's not Cancun, but we had nice, clean sand, and whole afternoon to play, and dig, and swim.
We had an awesome end-of-May kind of day....perfect temperature, a slight breeze, and with rain clouds looming in the distance (but not on us). Heaven.

It took Hayden about an hour to realize it was fun.

But once he did, he was a regular sand diggin' expert!

The only obstacle for him was keeping the sand out of his snacks.
I think we heard "This is SO much fun!" about a gazillion times from the girls.


My two favorite boys in their "matching hats"....it's sweet because I have a feeling Hayden only wore his because Tom was wearing one. Whatever works!




The wanderer.





Madeline loved collecting seashells.
Avery loved pushing the limit on how deep she could go.
Mommy loved snuggling with Hayden, and Hayden got tired of having his picture taken.
We had a super great day, and those rain clouds eventually caught up with us, but we were well on our way home! We can't wait to go again!!


5 comments:

mandy said...

What a fun day! You took some cute pictures.

Sarah Rockwood said...

I totally want to hit that up. We should totally go as a big group, down?(I feel like I need to say, YO)

ablincoln said...

Yeah we discovered that place last Sept. It was soo much fun! It would be fun to have a big group. Cute pictures!

The Moving Circus said...

Where is this place it looks like so much fun!!!!

MJ said...

What a fun day! I love all those pictures! You're going to have to tell me where that is!

Memories