Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday Randomness

There was no real rhyme or reason to Hayden's birthday this year. After a whole week of dealing with a family flu epidemic, we were all just happy to be fever-free, and dressed. Despite our low-key affair, we had a great day celebrating our favorite little boy's 2nd birthday!
The cake....my first attempt at making a fondant cake actually turned out pretty well. It was so fun making it, like a crazy high school art project that you never want to end. It took many hours, and no one wanted to eat it when I was done, but we did, and it was yummy. Hayden perfected his new "I am TWO, and whatchya gonna do about it" look.
We celebrated with our usual birthday meal of choice...Little Caesar's Pizza!
(Madeline gets a little crazy when soda is involved)


Hayden was fascinated that he was allowed to be so close to a burning flame. When it was time to "blow out the candle" he didn't want to.

Cake is yummy.

Hayden's birthday loot includes a new tricycle (which we wished included new leg extender's)...a racetrack, and "Cars" sleeping bag set from Grandma and Papa, a Little People's boat set, and a new firetruck.
LIFE IS GOOD.

Happy Birthday Big Boy!!! We sure LOVE YOU!!!

7 comments:

mandy said...

I really, really, really LOVE your cake. Please tell me your secrets. I bought my fondant today and while I'm not doing anything quite as fancy as yours, I am scared to even try it.

Happy Birthday, Hayden!

Shanna said...

Holy Moly that cake is so dang cute! I can't believe that is your first one! Impressive. I love the colors! I have never done fondant, it seems hard! You rock and your little 2 year old is ADORABLE, but you probably already know that. :)

Jarad said...

That is incredible!!!

Rachel said...

Just when I think you can't awaze me anymoer with your talents you blow me away again! You really need to do something with those talents when you don't have little kids underfoot all day. Happy Bday Hayden and hopefully you don't give your parents too much of a terrible 2's headache!

AudyCamp said...

Hayden is so handsome...and the cake is awesome!!:)

Anonymous said...

darling cake!

MJ said...

Oh my goodness! That cake is amazing! My first thought when I saw it was 'I wonder where she bought it?' I am SO impressed with your skills Callie! Not really surprised; but very impressed! I may have to ask you how you did it and try to learn some of your skills! Hayden looks so handsome and grown up! It looks like he had such a fun birthday party!

Memories