Monday, February 7, 2011

Sweet Pea, apple of my eye.




1o reasons why I am now the owner of Sweet Pea Cake Co.

1. My mom always said I was stubburn. She is right.
2. It's a good time to move forward. I am getting older, my kids are getting older.
3. It kind of just fell in my lap, and who am I to pass up such an awesome opportunity?!
4. I really kind of love decorating cakes, and I may even kind of be good at it.
5. It beats paying a $5000 fine for selling cakes out of my home.
6. I thought the logo was really cute. I am happy it is mine now :)
7. My hours are way flexible. It is not a full service bakery despite what some think. I am only down there for a few days a week. I still have plenty of time for my family - which is and always will be my first priority.
8. Tom thinks it's pretty hot to have a wife who owns a business.
9. My kids think it's really "cool".
10. Why NOT?! :)

I have to admit, it has been crazy busy. Orders are piling in, my phone rings all day long, and when I am not baking or decorating I am returning messages. Somewhere in there I am able to fit in laundry, dishes, dinner, and family time, oh - and facebook. I don't sleep much anymore, but sleep is over rated anyway, right? I am happy. I feel really really grateful and humbled for this opportunity. I want to put my all in to it. I meet amazing people in the community that I wouldn't otherwise. I get to do Bridal shows, and cake testings, Prom Fairs and consultations. It is SO much fun. Check out my new website if you haven't already, www.sweetpeacakeco.com
I have felt overwhelming support and love from my family and friends. Thank you!

1 comment:

Christen Noelle said...

Congrats Callie...I think your cakes are beautiful!

Memories